So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Friday, April 17, 2015

I'm sharing tunes you might like to see and hear.



Feeling sluggish and down, just click on the Scotty Brothers and listen. It will make you move.

The Scotty Brothers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TS9ugnarQQ
The spoon players reminded me of an awesome older fellow in Nova Scotia when I was there last year. He entertained a room full of people for about an hour. The waitress didn't know his name, but said he came every afternoon and played in for the diners.


These men played some great Celtic music at a distillery in Nova Scotia


The next video has a banjo picker and spoon lady, both with fingers flying and hands flying. They are in Asheville, NC, I believe.
I could not keep my feet still when I listened to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGbToeovkrg

Maybe I like this music because it comes from my ancestors who hailed from England and Scotland. I hope we had a little Irish in there somewhere, too. 

Let me know if you like this music. Share a link to your favorite You Tube video. We need more fun in our lives and music can be so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a link to one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel tunes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pey29CLID3I

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites, Abbie. Those two fellows had such a great sound. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.