So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Prompt for this week

I'm getting over a nasty virus and trying to think of food that appeals to me. Any time I am sick, I find that I become quite picky about what I want to eat.

Don't we all have certain foods that are comfort foods? Mine go back to childhood when Mother made me hot grits and butter, a very bland cereal we ate every day for breakfast with our eggs and biscuits. Most folks in the south ate grits years ago. I don't know about our modern busy world today.
   
But when I had an upset tummy, the  only thing I wanted was a small bowl of grits, salted and peppered, with a pat of Mother's real home made butter. 

Today, why not think about your favorite comfort food? My friend Mary Mike loves plain mashed potatoes when she feels blah. Once when I was in need of comfort, she brought a bowl of mashed potatoes to my house and I lapped them down as if they were manna from heaven. 

Today, my sister who is the best care giver for the sick, brought me macaroni and cheese. That was all I wanted -- a serving of macaroni and cheese. It perked me up and calmed me down at the same time. 

This is our prompt for this week - comfort food
Write a poem, memoir, story or essay about comfort food if this prompt strikes a chord.
I'd love to read what you write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.