So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ray Bradbury video reading a poem

This is how a poet should read his/her poetry. In the video on the side bar, the late science fiction writer, Ray Bradbury, laughs at himself and has the audience in his hands before he reads a wonderful poem he wrote about space.
Share this if you'd like.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Glenda. As I've said before, I tend to dread a poet's reading. But the poem itself is such a treasure as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenda, I'm afraid I couldn't get the video of Ray Bradbury to work. When I clicked on the link, it took me right back to your blog. This doesn't surprise me since Blogger has been giving me fits all week, ever since I switched my blog to Wordpress.

    Anyway, I found Ray Bradbury's obituary, and it was interesting. The only book of his I read was Farrenhite 451, and it's one of those classics you read and never forget.

    Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author of
    We shall Overcome
    and
    How to Build a Better Mousetrap: Recollections and Reflections of a Family Caregiver
    http://abbiejohnsontaylor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Joan, a poor reading of one's poems is sad, especially when the poetry is good.

    This poem is great.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.