So not only did you teach me about writing memoir, you also taught me about reading and thinking about how others write memoir. Thank you so much! Rebecca

Accepting what is to come

You can’t change the direction of the wind, but you can adjust your sails.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Robert S. King's post on E-publishing, Sneers to Cheers

Robert S. King, Netwest member and publisher of Future Cycle Press, writes an eye-opening post on E-Publishing. Some of what he says is promising to writers, and some of what he says makes me sad. But I think he is absolutely correct. Click on the link below and tell us what you think.


http://futurecycle.org/FutureCyclePoetry/EpublishingSneersToCheers.aspx

2 comments:

  1. You have to admire Mr. King's perspicacity and his guts. I agree with everything he said. What I can't help hoping, though, is that some miracle might make the print book, however rare, immortal, and thereby save the independent bookstore. Almost nothing can be more treasured than a gift book. A download just can't cut it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we don't ever lose the print book, Joan. One of the reasons I don't can't use the electronic book - I can't keep up with my Kindle. I've lost it again - in the house somewhere.
    It is so small it is easy to misplace.
    You are right about a gift book. I have some special books given to me by friends.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments in the comment box. They will not show up immediately, but will publish once I moderate them. I respond to your comments when I read them.